Faculty Mentoring Program
The College of Engineering (COE) is developing a Faculty Mentoring Program designed to provide support and guidance for new Assistant Professors and for existing faculty who intend to increase their research activities and/or prepare a promotion dossier. Further details will be provided when they are available.
Goals of the Faculty Mentoring Program:
- Promote a culture which encourages new faculty to develop a focused, externally funded research program
- Provide new faculty with expectations on the relative balance between teaching, research and service activities
- Transmit lessons-learned, experience, suggestions, and guidance from senior faculty to new faculty to reduce the learning curve of being a new professor
- Inform new faculty of promotion requirements, expectations, and guidelines
- Bolster camaraderie, collaboration and friendships both within and outside the COE