College of Engineering
Harris Student Design Center
- Opened in November 2015
- Serves the College of Engineering with a focus on Capstone Senior Design Projects
- Also hosts other student projects and competition team projects
- Approximately 12,000 square feet
- Capacity for 135 people to work
- Conveniently located across from the Machine Shop
High Bay features:
- Workstations with space for project lay out and construction, storage, and tools.
- Flexible welding area with 'tig' and 'mig' welding, equipped with directional specific ventilation
- Overhead crane to 2 tonnes for large project handling
- Paint spray booth, featuring high flow ventilation and breathing air for one operator
- Etch preparation bench with localised ventilation
- Compressed air points along the high bay ribs on each side
- Storage capability from small parts to warehouse racking
- 4 project rooms with flexible use for soldering, assembly and smaller project work & analytics. Also equipped with compressed air outlets.
- Ideation Room: brainstorming and sharing space for project teams. Room lined with whiteboard walls, features a MondoPad and computer facilities with various design software offerings.